[fluka-discuss]: RE: "Waiting to Attach" Goes Straight to "Finished OK"

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 06:31:24 +0000

Dear Michael,

The last message in the error file is the key to your problem: you are missing the LOW-MAT card in order to assign neutron cross sections to you newly defined N2Gas. You have to add following line:

LOW-MAT N2Gas 7.0 -2.0 296.0 NITROGEN

Apart from this, your gas density is way too high and FLUKA will complain about this in conjunction with the gas pressure set via the MAT-PROP card. Just lower the gas density to a reasonable value and your simulation will run fine.

Cheers, Anton