Re: [fluka-discuss]: use USRBDX on 400 surface segments

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 00:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

The suggestions of Mary are useful, but you really don't need all complicated
stuff.
The maximum number of USRBDX detectors is 1100, so there is no problem in
requesting 400 of them

Alberto

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, me_at_marychin.org wrote:

> ???:
>
> If you don't mind volumetric estimates, USRBIN serves the very purpose of
> sparing us from tedious geometry grid-ing. For this to be applicable,
> periodicity is needed in your grid-ing.
>
> If you specifically want a surface (rather than a volumetric) estimate of the
> fluence or the current, you can use mgdraw.f:
>
> - define an array of your own (properly speaking, also an accompanying second
> array for tracking the error);
>
> - at every boundary crossing (this is the more efficient option) or every step
> (in case you didn't define the boundaries in your geometry), compute your bin
> number according to the coordinates or the region number/name;
>
> - increment your array element with the index equal to the bin number computed
> above.
>
> If your boundaries can be spatially described by analytical periodicity of some
> sort, then one expression could do the trick, even without using any
> conditionals (if-then), without assigning the boundaries one by one.
> Intercepting at every step (mgdraw.f body itself, top part, before the ENTRies)
> naturally takes more time than intercepting at boundary crossing (ENTRY BXDRAW)
> - decide what works best for you.
>
> :) mary
>

>> On 11 June 2015 at 00:07 ??? <biyuanjie_at_tsinghua.org.cn> wrote:
>>

>> Dear fluka users,
>>
>> I want to use USRBDX to record the double differential current. But I need to
>> devide the boundary surface into 20*20 grids and record the current in each
>> segment. Even I know I can use the usr routine fluscw.f, but it needs too many
>> USRBDX cards(20*20=400) to do this. Does anyone have other good methods?
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Best wishes
>> Yuanjie BI

Alberto Fasso`
SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025
Phone: (1 650) 926 4762   Fax: (1 650) 926 3569
fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu