[fluka-discuss]: How to get non ionizing energy loss?

From: Saggio Alessia <alessia.saggio_at_ct.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:06:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Fluka users,

In my simulation I need to separate the energy lost by ionization process from that lost by other non ionizing processes.
Just a little doubt... after a certain time passes, does all the energy lost go into ionization or I can always find a value of non-ionizing energy loss different from zero? I suppose that I'll always register a value different from zero because of the energy coming from nuclear breaks up etc... am I right?

So, how can I get this kind of energy? Maybe I should consider the variable NIEL-DEP, defined as the Non Ionizing Energy Loss Deposition (GeV), but how to use it? It is not clear to me.

Thank you in advance
Cheers

Alessia