Re: [fluka-discuss]: calculate neutron yield_spallation

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 21:48:56 +0200

Dear Eleni,
 you seem to to use and USRBIN scoring NEUTRON (or better NEUTRON fluence).

First NEUTRON generalized particle type will not give directly the quantity
as it does not include neutrons generated below 20 MeV, i.e. (n,2n) or
(n,3n) reactions, second the USRBIN is not really doing that type of job.
An option - without writing and linking your routine - is to use the
NEU-BALA which gives you the sum of all neutrons.

The problem is that you must use the same type of estimator/scoring
quantity and technique in both codes. And this is not always
straightforward.

V.