Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to model a honeycomb structure

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 11:06:27 +0200

Dear Paolo,
The simplifications you do in a geometry should take in account the goals
of your simulation.Not knowing your goals its difficult to give you a
detailed answer.

From the point of view of the material budget and CPU impact of the
calculation both options are similar, being the one with air the one closer
to reality.

Depending on the goals for your simulations you could also consider using
lattices, to have the correct geometry in instead of a material budget
evaluation.

Best,
V.