[fluka-discuss]: RE: Reaction rate

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 21:38:21 +0000

Dear Zafar,
For study of neutrons detector, FLUKA can transport recoils from neutron interactions only from 6-Li and 10-B (by requesting pointwise cross section specifically). However it is not the case for He-3 reaction recoils product for which the energy is deposited at the point of interaction (so it would not be possible to study energy deposition and wall effects for example....) . Still you can score different quantities in your detector volume. For example, with the energy dependant fluence spectra (USRTRACK as you suggest) you can fold the spectra with the He-3 cross section and calculate the reaction rate (considering also the atomic density of He-3 atoms) in the 32 volumes and see with the different source configurations how it changes.

Hoping this help
Joachim