Re: [fluka-discuss]: Neutrons

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 22:37:17 +0200

Concerning your modified input, I reiterate that RADDECAY has no point (I
guess you wanted 6He to decay but this does not look useful and it is
irrelevant with respect to your scoring cards). The hard job here is to
achieve a meaningful statistics for your (gamma,p) reaction, to this
purpose you may have to suitably adjust your LAM-BIAS parameter (in LiF
only), and if needed bias also in advance bremsstrahlung photon production
(in tungsten) as mentioned below. On the other hand, your importance
biasing (BIASING cards) can be dropped.

Concerning the electron energy loss through an aluminum foil, let me point
out that this is not the energy deposited in the foil. The latter can be
scored on average by USRBIN (per region) and on a event-by-event basis by
EVENTBIN. For the energy loss, there is not a specific command. It can be
obtained event-by-event by writing the primary electron energy at the
entrance and at the exit of the foil. This can be done in mgdraw.f (ENTRY
BXDRAW), but it goes beyond a beginner usage of the code and one should
wonder if this is really what he needs.

Good luck

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI