[fluka-discuss]: Problen in neutron yield from deuteron beam on target

From: Emilio Ciuffoli <ciuffoli_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 15:04:51 +0800

Dear Fluka experts,

I am trying to simulate the neutron production from a Be target hitten by a
deuteron or a proton beam (in both cases, 100 MeV kinetic energy).

I used the USRBDX routine to measure the neutron current from the target;
my problem is that, while with proton I found a non-zero current, if the
beam is composed by deuteron, the current is exactly zero.

I activated several cards (I think some of them are not required); among
the others

   - LOW-NEUT (which I think should not be necessary, since I use DEFAULTS:
   PRECISIOn, is it correct?);
   - IONSPLIT (in the PHYSICS card)
   - PHOTONUCL
   - IONTRANS

Did I miss something? Is there some interaction I need to activate in order
to get the neutron yield in the case of deuteron beam? Did I use the wrong
parameters somewhere?

Plase find in the attached file my imput card (in the case of proton beam,
there is no difference in the card for the deuteron, except the obvious one
in the BEAM card) and the output file of the USRBDX routine for both cases.

Thank you very much for you help
Best Regards
Emilio Ciuffoli