Re: [fluka-discuss]: MAT-PROP card

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 15:06:05 +0300

On 22.11.2015 04:55, YANG Tao wrote:

> Hi, everyone!
>
> I used FLUKA to simulate the ionization chamber response, the work gas
> is a mixture of argon and nitrogen gas. I creat a compound card in
> FLUKA to set the properties for it. However, in the MAT-PROP card, I
> have no idea of WHAT(3)-the average ionization potential, is this
> value input by me or as default (calculated from systematics)? If it
> is the previous case, how should I obtain the value?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Tao Yang, CAS.

Dear Tao Yang,

Please look the mean excitation energy for natural materials at the PDG
<http://pdg.lbl.gov/2014/AtomicNuclearProperties/> official site.
For argon
<http://pdg.lbl.gov/2014/AtomicNuclearProperties/HTML/argon_gas_Ar.html>
gas the value is 188.0 eV, and for nitrogen
<http://pdg.lbl.gov/2014/AtomicNuclearProperties/HTML/nitrogen_gas.html>
it's 82 eV.

Best regards,
Mikhail