[fluka-discuss]: Re: 附件:source_mod.f

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 13:12:48 +0300

On 07.12.2015 06:12, 2013200577 wrote:
> Hi,I'm using FLUKA to describe a spectrum like this:
> It is made up of four gaussian distribution,that is
> [10,40],[12,90],[10,130],[2,190].In [x,y],x stands for the standard
> deviation and y stands for the center value.Thanks to your help,I can
> modify the source.f file to describe a simple Gaussian
> distribution.But how should I define the spectrum above?I 'm wondering
> if I can use four independent source.f files or there is another way?
Unfortunately it's not PHITS where you can define multiple sources with
different kinds of distributions.

The easy way is to clone 4 inputs in flair and run each with different
values of standard deviation and mean value. Number of primaries for
each run must be set according to standard deviation weight. When all
these 4 runs successfully finished, just merge your scoring data.

Another way is to use the "sampling from distribution" technique,
described in sources presentation
<https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/contribution/35/attachments/653364/898409/AdvancedSources2014.pdf>.

In attachment there are 4 inputs: source1, source2, source3, source4.
The data is merged in source4.

Best regards,
Mikhail