Re: [fluka-discuss]: Problems with Detectors

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 00:20:53 +0100

Dear Michael,
 there's no detector card for scoring in the input file you send. What do
you exactly mean with "Detector wich scores the complete reactor". Is it
the USRBIN by region in Unit 70 which is scofing Equivalent Dose on 1cm
radius spheres in the axis?
I think up there you almost have nothing arriving, I tries to run your
simulation with 20k primaries and I checked the Neutron Fluence USRBIN in
unit 55. Well you can check yourself that there's nothing at all _at_ the
"detectors" position. You can artificially remove materia in front of the
detector to check if the scoring works.

Some suggestions for you to understand your own simualtion
- Score spectra at the boundaries.
- Check that the fluences at the region where you need to determine the
DOSE-EQ are decently evaluated (in terms of statistics)
- Think about possible biasing.

Apart from your questions, you have few anomalies you might want to look
at:
- 1 gr/cm3 density for many materials including the *Thermal* compount.
- Maximal energy of 1 GeV for the *det1* USRTRACK, while all the others
have 0.01

Best,
Vittorio

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Michael Froemberg (
michael.froemberg_at_hs-furtwangen.de) <michael.froemberg_at_hs-furtwangen.de>