RE: [fluka-discuss]: SCORE Output "By One Beam Particle" on behalf of Marlon Saveri Silva

From: Alberto Fasso <Alberto.Fasso_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 10:22:41 +0000

Marlon Saveri Silva said:
> I noted SCORE card gives its Energy Density output in "GeV/cm**3/one beam
> particle.

> Is there any significant difference between "one beam particle" and
> "particle weight"? Does both mean the deposited energy in a region by
> primary weight?

In FLUKA, each particle, primary or not, is counted by its weight, so the output of SCORE should be more
correctly indicated as "GeV/cm**3/unit beam particle weight".
There is only an exception for the generalized particles UNB-ENER (particle 229) and UNB-EMEN (particle 230):
 UNB-ENER 229 Unbiased deposited energy (GeV)
 UNB-EMEN 230 Unbiased electromagnetic energy (of electrons, positrons or photons) (GeV)
From the manual: "Unbiased energy" means that the energy deposited
     is scored with weight 1, independent of the actual weight of the particle.
     Of course, the result will have no physical meaning, but in some
     circumstances it will provide useful information about the run itself (for
     instance in order to optimise biasing).

Vittorio said:
> from what I remenber SCORE trigger the scoring per primary independently from its weight.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
FLUKA always scores per UNIT WEIGHT, except for the cases indicated above.

Alberto