Re: [fluka-discuss]: Strange spectre with USRTRACK of particle attenuation

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 11:03:21 +0100

Dear Ngoc Duy,

the artefact you observe is due to the fact that you asked at scoring
level for an excessive energy resolution (number of USRTRACK bins) with
respect to the default transport settings, implying steps with energy
losses up to 0.05 of the ion kinetic energy. In order to stay with the
requested energy resolution, you have to increase the transport accuracy
through the FLUKAFIX card. I moved down to 0.001 and the ion spectrum
became well smooth, of course with a corresponding CPU penalty.
Have also a look at the Physics Thresholds/Settings lecture of the
advanced course, slide 29
https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/contribution/9/attachments/653346/898375/AdvancedSettings2014.pdf

Kind regards

Francesco