[fluka-discuss]: Cf-252 source

From: Monica Huerta <mhuerta_at_essbilbao.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 16:14:11 +0100

Dear fluka users,

I am trying to simulate a simple isotropic Cf-252 source surrounded by
air. Since I want to work with the e/mission of alphas and spontaneous
fission//, /I have used an user routine posted by Alberto Fasso in
November 2009 and changed

* Cosines (tx,ty,tz)
         TXFLK (NPFLKA) = UBEAM
         TYFLK (NPFLKA) = VBEAM
         TZFLK (NPFLKA) = WBEAM

to:

* Cosines (tx,ty,tz)
         CALL RACO( TXX, TYY, TZZ )
         TXFLK (NPFLKA) = TXX
         TYFLK (NPFLKA) = TYY
         TZFLK (NPFLKA) = TZZ

to make it isotropic.

Firstly, I would like to check the neutron flux that I will be getting
at a precise distance and using different moderators (with different
thicknesses). I have attached my inp.

My main doubt is how to define the particle in the BEAM datacard, should
I use NEUTRONS? or ISOTOPE? Or etc. Moreover, should the activity of the
source be defined as a normalization factor? Or somewhere else?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help.

Best wishes

Monica