Re: [fluka-discuss]: Calculate DPA vs. Kinetic Energy

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 02:40:48 +0000

A way to achieve that would be to compute DPA in a very thin foil (so that
you can assume energy to be constant) for a given beam energy, then repeat
the simulation for different beam energies in order to obtain your curve.

To compute DPA in each of these steps you must use DPA-SCO as particle in
USRBIN estimator. You must also set the damage threshold for the material
through MAT-PROP and set energy thresholds to adequate levels. Please
check:
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/triumf2012/Lectures/AdvancedMate
rialsScoring2012.pdf

-Mario

On 1/21/16, 3:49 AM, "owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it on behalf of
vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am" <owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it on behalf of