[fluka-discuss]: 6He

From: kabytayeva <kabytayeva_at_jinr.ru>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 18:44:45 +0300

Hello!
I am a student.
I am studying the production of 6He in the 7Li (gamma, p) reaction by
using 22 MeV electron and I am having the following questions:
  1) I calculated 6He yield using Fluka : 1.4E7 ± 9.8% atoms / s and
calculated using GEANT4 and received 1.25E7 atoms / s. Since I did not
know how to get the cross section using Fluka, I did it with GEANT4 and
noticed that the cross section is 10 times smaller than the experimental
(I looked in EXFOR). Analytically, too, it has been tested and the yield
was about 2E8 atoms / s. It has been checked experimentally, it is also
more than estimates of these programs. And I can not understand why
Fluka gives such results? And I do not know how this can be explained,
is it concerned with libraries?

Thank you very much!!!