RE:[fluka-discuss]: Fluka and Geant4

From: Trinh Ngoc-Duy <Ngoc-Duy.Trinh_at_ganil.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 11:47:06 +0000

Hi Kabytayeva,

The different between Monte-Carlo nuclear transport code : FLUKA, GEANT4, MCNP, PHITS... is in fact from the different physics model implemented for each family of interactions (EM, hadron, heavy ion...) So for each specific case you should check the physics models in your codes and see where is the different, and the impact to the results (what we call benchmarking).

The technique of coding does not change the result in the physical point of view.

Sincerely.

Trinh.