Re: [fluka-discuss]: LET

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 17:16:57 +0100

Hallo

LET unit is exactly what is indicated in the manual (USRYIELD Note 7),
i.e. keV/(micrometer g/cm3) where the density value by which the LET
number is divided is the one of the material wrt which you asked to
express it (usually water, with density 1; you asked instead for silicon).

You get always zero because there is an error in your respective USRYIELD
card: the relevant region boundary should be the one between TARGET and
VOID, whereas you put TARGET and _at_LASTREG. Since @LASTREG is actually
TARGET, the boundary is ill-defined.

Consider also to lower the transport threshold: with NEW-DEFA it is 2.5
MeV/n

Cheers

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti