[fluka-discuss]: RE: Neutron filter simulation

From: Philippe Schoofs <philippe.schoofs_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:37:46 +0000

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately, FLUKA works exclusively assuming amorphous materials, presenting isotropic characteristics. (The only exception to that is the addition of crystal channeling into the code).

The notion of crystal lattice does not appear in FLUKA so the code does not simulate Bragg diffraction and does not compute crystal lattices characteristic values such as the debye temperature, sound speed, etc

Best regards
Philippe