Re: [fluka-discuss]: Re: Dose profile due to GCR

From: Anna Ferrari <a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:04:46 +0200

Dear Roman,

you are right that the USRBIN result is already normalized per volume. The
point is that this normalization is not dependent on your region definition
but only on the cartesian grid that you have set. As consequence at the
borders in the normalization you are taking into account also the void that
is surrounding the water sphere and is contained in the more external
bin(s). I think you have to correct for that.
I don't know if this explains completely the behaviour of your dose profile,
but I think can clarify at least the dropping down of the most external
bins...
Hope it helps,
kind regards,
Anna

Am Sat, 23 Apr 2016 03:57:04 +0000 schrieb Roman Savinov
<rsavinov_at_calpoly.edu>:
> Dear Anna,
>
> I am not sure how do I normalize for the volume. Isn't USRBIN's result is
>already normalized per volume except if "region" is chosen as a binning type?
>
> thanks,
>
> Roman

Dr. Anna Ferrari
Institute of Radiation Physics
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
Tel. +49 351 260 2872
a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de
http://www.hzdr.de

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey, Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Peter
Joehnk
Vereinsregister: VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden