Re: [fluka-discuss]: Residual dose vs. cooling time.

From: Anna Ferrari <a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 15:55:09 +0200

Dear V. Petrosyan,

yes, you can evaluate with FLUKA the residual dose rate as a function of a
given irradiation profile and at different cooling times.
To learn how I would suggest to go through the dedicated lectures of the
FLUKA course, that you can find for example here:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/442634/contributions/1096523/attachments/1186817/1721027/18_Activation_2015.pdf
Look at the meaning of the cards RADDECAY, IRRPROFI, DCYTIMES and DCYSCORE.
In the lecture that follows you can find also a useful exercise.

About the second question:
"make FLUKA calculation more accurate and precise" is a quite generic
sentence...
Also in this case, I would suggest to give a look at the a course lecture:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/442634/contributions/1096526/attachments/1183869/1715224/03_Basic_Input_2015.pdf
especially slide 5 and slide 14-16. Be aware, for example, about what it
means the use of the card DEFAULT with the last argument (sdum in the FLUKA
language) PRECISION.

Kind regards,
Anna

Am Thu, 5 May 2016 15:02:23 +0400 schrieb vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am:
> Hello dear FULKA experts!!!.
>
> I want to calculate residual dose evolution by time by irradiation of
> electron beam of 17 GeV with some period.
> Is that possible to calculate residual dose rate change vs. time?
>
> Also I would like to know what cards should I use in order to make FLUKA
> calculation more accurate and precise.
> So I need the names of cards with parameters that needs to be activated
> for that.
>
> Any help will be appreciated much!!!
>
> Thank You!

Dr. Anna Ferrari
Institute of Radiation Physics
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
Tel. +49 351 260 2872
a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de
http://www.hzdr.de

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey, Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Peter
Joehnk
Vereinsregister: VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden