[fluka-discuss]: primaries in proton-proton source

From: <amucha_at_agh.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 15:46:07 +0200

Dear Fluka Friends,
I’m using Fluka for simulation fluence of particle coming from
proton-proton collisions at LHC energies. My question is: what is the
meaning of “primary” in case of special source like pp? In HEP we
consider “primary interaction” as the proton-proton interaction and
particles produced are called “secondary particles”. Is the scoring of
Fluka given per one proton-proton interaction? It would be great but I
started to suspect that this is not the case.
 From the course and previous answers I could assume that for the Fluka,
primaries are particles produced in proton-proton collisions. At this
energies there are huge amounts of pions, protons, neutrons, kaons or
photons produced. Are they called “primaries”? So what Fluka means when
in the scoring I get infos normalized to one primary?
Does anybody have any experience with proton-proton collisions at Fluka
and want to help?
Many thanks,
Agnieszka