RE: [fluka-discuss]: Cobalt source

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 11:23:00 +0000

Dear Leila

Maybe you could tell a little more on your application.

If you are using ISOTOPE in the BEAM card it means that you are interested in the transport of decay originating from a single isotope (selected with HI-PROPE card) . So I am not sure about the meaning of an irradiation profile and a decay time in that case ?
If you use the semi-analogue mode then your results just need to be scaled to your activity at the time of interest (which may depend on the decay since your source was purchased of fabricated but this you should determine analytically yourself and is considered in the post-processing of the results…)

Concerning the use of the source card to specify the spatial distribution, note that there are already some cases (cylindrical/spherical/Cartesian layers) which are pre-defined in case it could be meaningful for your case.

Greetings
Joachim