[fluka-discuss]: IRRPROFI user subroutine

From: Dixon, James <James.Dixon_at_tuv-sud.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 10:13:49 +0100

Hello Fluka Experts,

I am interesting in running a fluka simulation with multiple sources but with a given time delay between each source term. An example of what I would like to run would be something like:

electron beam hitting a metal target for 1 hour
1h cooling
electron beam hitting the same target from a different side for 10 hours
2h cooling
electron beam hitting the same target but at a different energy and different angle for 5 hours

I know that using the source card I can define a user subroutine which can be used to define the three source terms, however I am not sure how to define irradiation times and particle age correctly. I am hoping that by changing the parameter AGESTK this may be achievable?

If the total source activity was for instance:

100k electrons in the first 1h block
1000k electrons in the second 10h block
500k electrons in the final 5h block

Could I use a random number and three IF statements to define the particles age? If it is as simple as this when specifying a DCYTIMES card for scoring purposes, would the decay time still be (1+1+10+2+5)* 3600?

Thank you,

James.