[fluka-discuss]: Re: modelling radioisotope in the water container - medical applications -

From: Ševčik Aleksandras <aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 13:30:32 +0000

Hi Vasilis,

Thank you very much for details. So only dose per 1 decay? So how to get a dose map for the experiment I described? Ok let's say for sake of example I estimate 1e6 decays from my source per s, in total 30 s => 30e6 decays. Should I use this estimation as normalization factor, when I want to see the overall dose map in the volume? In other words multiply the result by 30e6 and then multiply by 1.602e-7 to convert the GeV/g to Gy ?

Or is there any relation to START and number of primary histories?

Reg DCYSCORE: it is used in the example

https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/contributions/779776/attachments/653352/898390/AdvancedActivation_2014.pptx.pdf

It's such a nice example, however, due to huge gaps in my knowledge I am even unable to clearly understand it, see attached picture. TCQUENCH is set to 3600 s, so does it mean that USRBIN 1hpdose is accumulating dose per one decay for 3600 s or what ?

I feel I am asking very basic questions and do not get the fundamental principles; however, if I could get through them, I think I could go on more easily, so I appreciate your answers very much

Regards

Aleksandras