Re: [fluka-discuss]: spallation neutron spectrum

From: <baraila_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 12:02:08 +0530

On 2016-07-08 00:43, Vittorio Boccone wrote:
> Hi Pradeep,
> Yes you are scoring the one way current out of target to vacuum. If
> this is what you need you are on the right track. You can increase the
> number of bins and eventually place the default to “precisio”
> instead of “new-defa”. I don’t see any mistakes in your
> simulation.
>
> Best,
> Vittorio
>
>> On 07 Jul 2016, at 11:48, baraila_at_barc.gov.in wrote:
>>
>> Dear FLUKA experts,
>> I am Pradeep Baraila from India. I am studying spallation using
>> FLUKA. A pencil proton beam of 1.0 GeV hits a cylindrical target of
>> lead along the axis of target. I am interested in the leaked neutron
>> spectrum.The input file is attached herewith this mail. I am not
>> sure whether this is the correct way to get spallation neutron
>> spectrum. Please help me.
>>
>> Thanks.<fast_ADS_target.inp>

Hi Vittorio,
             Thanks for the reply. I am scoring one way current from
target to vacuum and this will give me the spectrum of neutrons leaking
out of the target surface. Is this true? beacause I am benchmarking this
spectrum with already available data and there is a substantial
difference between the two data.