[fluka-discuss]: Pair production in Tungsten mesh- problem with Beam setup

From: Saurabh Mukherjee <sxm3816_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 23:28:33 +0530

Hello FLUKA Experts,
 I am trying to get pair production in Tungsten mesh. For target, I tried
to use Tungsten with reduced density but I got results which were scaling
weirdly with the density. So, I made this detailed Tungsten mesh. It is
made with tungsten plates of thickness 200 micron and arranged in vertical
and horizontal grid like structure. IT looks like the following image. The
outer frame is aluminum and I have not included it in my FLUKA simulation.
[image: Inline image 1]

The problem is that when I emit the gammas from an annular source(with
R_max=10, R_min=0.1), no primaries are flown (in Flair). Same thing when I
define the source as a rectangle with x=y=10. But when I define a point
source with or without divergence,the primaries are flown and I get some
results which seems to suggest that there is nothing wrong with the setup.
Can anyone please help me and tell whats going on with the
annular/rectangular beam? I am attaching the input file.
thank you
saurabh