[fluka-discuss]: Voxelized LET scoring using USRBIN, FLUSCW and GETLET-function

From: Lars Fredrik Fjæra <lfj049_at_student.uib.no>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:32:08 +0200

Dear FLUKA users

I am currently trying to score LET for voxelized CT images in FLUKA.

What I am doing is to use the already FLUKA implemented GETLET function and
the FLUSCW routine to obtain the LET-values. By also using a USRBIN - card
to score fluence, the obtained LET value will be multiplied by the scored
fluence, and as a result I obtain a distribution of LET * fluence. And
therefore, to obtain a distribution of the LET values them self I must
divide by the scored fluence. By using two USRBIN fluence cards, where one
is multiplied by the LET and the other is not, I can do this
division/normalization offline.

However, I would really like to score the LET using only one scoring card.
So is there in any way possible to divide by the scored fluence directly in
the FLUSCW routine? (Maybe something similar to the RULL argument in
COMSCW?)

Excerpt of the routine:

      IF (EKIN.LT.AZRZRZ) THEN
> FLUSCW = ZERZER
> ELSE
> LETV=GETLET(IJ,EKIN,PLA,TDELTA,MATNO)/1.D+2
> * Multiply fluence by LET if bin number = 40
> IF(IPUSBN(JSCRNG).EQ.-40) THEN
> FLUSCW = LETV
> RETURN
> ELSE
> FLUSCW = ONEONE
> RETURN
> END IF
> END IF
> RETURN
> END

To summarize, I want to divide (online) the LETV by the scored fluence from
bin number 40.
I've also attached the input file. But, I would like to not use the USRBIN
24 card.

---
*Lars Fredrik Fjæra*