[fluka-discuss]: DPA calculation for GAN

From: Shyam Kumar <shyam.dei_at_iitb.ac.in>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:42:09 +0530

Dear Fluka experts,
                   I have calculated the DPA for GaN material for incident
proton. Can you Please tell me what is the atomic
threshold energy used for GaN (Since it has two atom Ga
and N), and how can I check that? What is the meaning
of Frankel pair in that case, I am confused in one case
there may be a Ga interstitial and a vacancy and in
other case N can be interstitial and a vacancy. How
Fluka calculates the DPA in the case of compound
semiconductor. I have idea of ionizing energy loss
(Bethe Bloch) in Geant and Fluka but not about
radiation damage.

Thank You in Advance
Shyam