Re: [fluka-discuss]: RE: USRTRACK vs. USRBDX

From: Anna Ferrari <a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:41:26 +0200

Dear Karolina,

take care about the surface/volume normalizazion: USRBDX is a boundary
crossing fluence estimator and what(6) in USRBDX indicates the area of your
detector in cm^2, while USRTRACK is a track-length fluence estimator in the
volume of your detector. You have to provide this volume, in cm^3, via
what(5) in the first line of the card.
You gave in the two cases the same number, and this is evidently wrong.
Also, why 100.? If the size of the cube is 0.01 cm as you wrote, you should
use what(6) = 1.E-4 in USRBDX card, and what(5) = 1.E-6 in USRTRACK card.

Hope it helps,
regards,
Anna

Am Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:24:49 +0000 schrieb Karolina Kokurewicz
<karolina.kokurewicz_at_strath.ac.uk>:
> Dear FLUKA experts,
>
> I've noticed that graphs have not been attached. Please see them in the
>separated files.
>
> Thank you,
> Karolina

Dr. Anna Ferrari
Institute of Radiation Physics
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
Tel. +49 351 260 2872
a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de
http://www.hzdr.de

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey, Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Peter
Joehnk
Vereinsregister: VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden