RE: [fluka-discuss]: Fwd: Gamma-ray experiment

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 13:49:10 +0000

Dear Beatrice,

Running your input file, one gets following error message:

 *** Too many terms in parenthesis expansion ***
 *** Execution terminated ***

I think the message is quite self-explaining. The issue lies in the definition of the second zone of the rAir region. As a good practice, I would try not to use too many parenthesis (you can equally define the geometry without using any parenthesis at all). Also note that if you have too many bodies in a zone definition this can also slow down the simulation. It is better to have more zones with fewer bodies than to have one zone with many bodies.

Besides, on the EMFCUT card you set the production cuts for e-/e+ and photons to 0. Note that physics models are no longer applicable at very low energies and one should respect the minimum values recommended in the manual. I quote:
"The minimum threshold energy for transport and production of photons is 100 eV. For electrons and positrons, it is 1 keV."

Cheers, Anton