[fluka-discuss]: RE: 1MeV pions energy loss in water - branching ratio discrepancy in two versions of FLUKA

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 16:44:10 +0000

Dear Guanying Zhu,

indeed the discrepancy is due to a physics improvement, see
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/7275.html
in particular:

When treating anti-nucleon annihilation, *negative pion* and negative
   muon absorptions on mixtures, the evaluation of the relative
   probability of annihilation/capture on different target
   components has been switched from a naïve “Z law” to more sound
   approaches (following a suggestion by N. Bassler)

Kind regards

Francesco