RE: [fluka-discuss]: Black hole material for only one type of particles

From: Versaci Roberto <Roberto.Versaci_at_eli-beams.eu>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 09:01:18 +0000

Hello,

You could exploit the "usrmed" user routine (manual section 13.2.28).
If activated, the routine is called anytime a particle is transported in the selected material.
In the routine you should set the importance of the particle to be killed to zero.
It should be something along the line:

         if (ij .eq. 1) then
            WEE = ZERZER
         endif

where "ij" is the particle code, "1" is the code for protons, WEE is the particle importance, and ZERZER is the fluka-predefined variable for double precision zero.
To activate the call to usermed you need a card MAT-PROP with what(1) larger than 0.0 to activate the call, what(4) equal to the material name, and sdum set to USERDIRE.
Be careful that in this way the call will be made for any region assigned to the specified material, not just the region you are interested into. You could add a check on the region in the user routine to avoid this type of inconvenience.

Cheers,

                                                 Roberto