Re: [fluka-discuss]: Regarding defining of material

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 08:10:21 +0100

Dear Shyam,
      a material is considered homogenous in FLUKA: it is not
possible to consider sub-micrometric geometries and there
are no structures at the atomic level when you define a material.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Il 08/02/2017 04:06, Shyam Kumar ha scritto:
> Dear Fluka Experts,
> I have just a doubt, when we define silicon material
> in some region, so how fluka defines the material e.g.
> in the case of silicon, is it consider it's
> tetrahedral structure and bond length bond energy
> etc.? How is exactly the structure of atoms look like
> when we define a material in a region as silicon? Is
> it simply the chain of atoms with bond length of
> nanometer order?
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Shyam Kumar,
> IIT Bombay,
> Mob : 07208246534
> alt. e-mail : shyam.dei_at_iitb.ac.in
> CERN Mail: shyam.kumar_at_cern.ch

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy