Re: [fluka-discuss]: missing neutron cross sections

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 12:34:29 +0100

Hi Mo,

if you discard neutrons, which cannot be properly transported in the
absence of the respective cross sections, you will get an estimation of
the activation due to the primary beam, neglecting the contribution of
neutron reinteractions. If your target is sufficiently thin, such an
estimation may still make some sense (apart from uncertainties related to
the rather low proton energy).

Cheers

Francesco

> Hi Mohamed,

> I had a same prob with the neutron libraries for Tellurium.

> Cheers,
> Shri

(Srinidhi Bheesette)

On 14 February 2017 at 06:16, Benmerrouche, Mohamed
<Benmerrouche_at_bnl.gov>