Re: [fluka-discuss]: stopping protons

From: George Kharashvili <georgek_at_jlab.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 15:24:56 -0500 (EST)

Dear Bertrand,

The short answer is no, or not easily. Proton transport threshold (set by default or by PART-THR card) applies to all regions and materials, while the electron, positron and photon production and transport thresholds (EMFCUT) are assigned by material and region respectively.
FLUKA does allow replacing any region with vacuum or blackhole for calculating decay radiation transport, but unfortunately not the other way around (you can not assign a new material other than those two for decay radiation transport only).

There must be more sophisticated ways of solving your problem, like scoring residual radioactivity in the target and then starting a new model with this activated target as the source of radiation in a separate model. But I don't think there is a simple solution that can be implemented in a one step calculation.

Best regards,
George