[fluka-discuss]: add geometry inside the voxel cage?

From: Ševčik Aleksandras <aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 08:05:39 +0000

Dear all,

My final objective is mc modelled dose distribution during the brachytherapy procedure.

So far I have an anthropomorphic human head phantom, 25 regions, in which I can place the radioisotope (rad-decay semi-analogue) - works fine!

However, the actual brachytherapy source is placed in the steel cylinder so the radiation is anisotropic.

Question: how can I model this additional geometry and put in inside the voxel cage? Or it is not possible, so maybe someone can share any ideas what approach could I try to solve this ? I thought about creating a special region in the phantom itself where the source will be placed but this would be quite difficult and not so elegant approach.

Many thanks,

Alex