about scoring

From: wuzhen (wu_zhen01@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 15:50:10 CET

Dear fluka users,
The following paragragh is a part of 0} in the Fluka manual. I have several question about it.
" 6) SCORING

  Star density by producing particle and region.
  Energy density by region, total or from electrons/photons only.
  Star and energy density in a geometry-independent binning structure
  (cartesian or cylindrical), averaged over the run or event by event.
  Energy deposition weighted by a quenching factor (Birks law).
  Step size independent of bin size. Time window. Coincidences and
  anticoincidences.
  Fluence and current scoring as a function of energy and angle, via
  boundary-crossing, collision and track-length estimators coincident
  with regions or region boundaries. Track-length fluence in a binning
  structure (cartesian or cylindrical) independent of geometry.
  Particle yield from a target or differential cross section with respect
  to several different kinematic variables.
  Residual nuclei. Fission density. Neutron balance.
  No limit to the number of estimators and binnings within the total
  memory available (but a maximum number must be fixed at compilation
  time).
  Energy deposition can be scored on option disregarding the particle
  weights (useful for studying computer performance, etc.) "
1) What is the difference between the fluence and current? In my example, the results of the two quantities
  are same. And in the manual, they both are given as cm-2 Gev-1 sr-1 per incident primary unit weight.
2) I don't understand the meaning of collision and track-length estimators coincident with regions. Who can
explain it to me?

Best regards,

Zhen wu

03/06/2003