Using CERN Library

From: Christopher Knievel (Christopher.Knievel@lightsource.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 20:33:18 CET

Dear FLUKA Users:

I am new to FLUKA and I am trying to run a few simple examples to understand basic input and output for FLUKA. I was following along with an example given on the website when I ran into a problem. The example is one describing how to use the CERN library inside of FLUKA to generate an HBOOK output. The web address is http://lxmi.mi.infn.it/~battist/fluka_hbk/fluka_hbk.html. It is a really good example and easy for me to follow along. However, when I went to create an executable, it called for a script named lflukac which I found out later is a specific script to link to CERNLIB. Now I am running FLUKA2002, the RH7 version, on a Linux machine of course. I know for a fact that I do not have the CERN library or this lfukac script with my installation of FLUKA. I am wondering if I am supposed to have the CERN library, and if not, where I might be able to find it so that I can run the example and generate some sort of output. Any help at this point would be greatly appre!
ciated.

Christopher Knievel
Health, Safety and Environment Assistant
Canadian Light Source