Re: continue terminated run

From: Alberto Fasso' (Alberto.Fasso@cern.ch)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 14:59:24 CEST

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Hesti Wulandari wrote:

> is there a way in fluka to continue a terminated run (without
> repeating the run from the beginning) ?
> For some reason the electricity in our institute was shut down
> last week, while I was running a long job.

No, unfortunately it is not possible. If a job is expected to be very long,
it is recommended to split it into two or more shorter jobs. In this way, in
case of unexpected termination, only part of the information will be lost.
As a bonus, multiple jobs (at least 4 or 5) allow to do a statistical error
analysis of the results.

  Alberto

--
Alberto Fassò
CERN-EP/AIP, CH-1211 Geneve 23 (Switzerland)