FLUKA: Cd(n,gamma)

From: Ludwik Pienkowski (pienkows@slcj.uw.edu.pl)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 12:16:40 CET

Dear FLUKA authors and users,

 I'm tracking the slow (Ekin<5MeV) neutrons inside a large
detector which is filled with 1.5m3 of liquid scintillator.
The FLUKA calculation were done with cards:
DEFAULTS, SDUM=PRECISIO
PHYSICS , SDUM=EVAPORAT, what(1)=2.0
The *.pemf files were prepared using the FLUKA version from
May-2002.

 The first test run was performed with a scintillator NE343,
based on C9H12. The "USer dependent DRAWing" entry (inside
the mgdraw routine) shows the interaction history. The neutron
is captured inside the detector (in most of the cases) and the
gamma with energy 2.22MeV is emitted.
 The next test calculation was done with the modified NE343.
The scintillator was loaded with Gadolinium (0.4% by weight).
The neutrons are now captured faster than during the first test,
and they are captured mostly by the Gadolinium. However, the "USer
dependent DRAWing" entry doesn't show any gamma emission
from the Gadolinium. The last record for each event shows the
information that neutron was captured and the excitation energy
(include (FINUC), common /finuc/, variable tv) is 8.015 MeV.
My question is: where are the gammas emitted by the excited
Gadolinium?

Best regards
Ludwik Pienkowski