particle tagging

From: Vaclav Vylet (vylet001@mc.duke.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 22:33:03 CET

    Hi,

    I would like to separate a contribution to fluence or energy deposition
    from particles having passed through a specific region. I suppose I could
    estimate that by having two separate runs and introducing "black hole"
    material in appropriate places. However, this approach may be complicated
    and error-prone for some geometries. Is there a way to "tag" particles (and
    their progeny) that passed through a given region and score their
    contribution separately? Perhaps one would write a collision tape and
    post-process it with an existing utility? I would appreciate any
    suggestions.
    Thanks

    Vashek Vylet
    <vashek.vylet@duke.edu>