Re: Installation problem

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 10:23:12 CEST

    You can install some compat-g77 on Fedora Core 4 (they are in the
    distributiuon). Unfortunately gfortran, as contained in gcc4, is still
    unable of compiling most big fortran codes because of missing features.
    The RedHat people confirmed me that they will provide compat-g77 etc until
    gfortran will be mature enough.

               Alfredo

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Franken, Y. wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am an absolute fluka newbie. Somehow I cannot compile the fluka
    > executable, using Fedora core 4. Maybe it is because of the new gcc
    > version (4.0) that doesnt contain g77 any more. Does anybody know how to
    > do this ?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Yuri Franken

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |