Abort from GTEMFF

From: Helmut Vincke (Helmut.Vincke@cern.ch)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 17:32:31 CET

    Dear FLUKA users and authors

    When I was running a pure electromagnetic calculation in FLUKA the
    program stops with the following error message within the first history.

    " Abort called from GTEMFF reason I =< 0 Run stopped!
     STOP I =< 0"

    I used quite low thresholds for emf.

    EMFCUT -1.2E-6 -1.0E-6 0.0 2.0 30.0
    PROD-CUT

    As you can see the thresholds are is 1.2keV for electron/positron
    production.
    The starting particles were photons with 662 keV.

    It works fine if I increase the threshold for electrons/positrons up to
    -2.E-6.

    What does this error message mean?

    Is this behavior a wanted feature or an unwanted bug of FLUKA?

    When I run the program without the SDUM it works fine

    Thanks

    Best regards
    Helmut