Re: Can anybody determine dose at the center of a sphere?

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 19:19:48 CET

    Brandon,

    on most computers, your input is unreadable. Please send it as a text
    attachment.

    Concerning SCORE and USRBIN, as I have tried to explain to you several
    times off-list, their results DO ALWAYS AGREE, provided that they refer to the
    same portion of space and that you provide the volume normalization to the
    SCORE result. If there is a strong dose gradient, and the binning mesh is
    smaller than the corresponding region, of course they cannot agree.

    The same consideration holds for comparing with "what is published in
    literature". The scoring region of space must be the same, otherwise
    no comparison can be done.

    Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fassò
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025