Crash of FlukaGUI-v05

From: Holbourn, MP \(Martin\) (m.p.holbourn@dl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 16:50:32 CEST

    Just returned from the excellent Fluka course in Pavia keen to try out some of the new stuff.

    1. Installed the pre-release version of Fluka that was distributed on the course
    2. Installed ROOT version 5.08/00
    3. Installed the Fluka course beta version of FlukaGUI-v05 downloaded from the pickup area of the fluka web

    ROOT seems to be working and when I run the GUI (./flukaGUI) everything seems in order in so far as I get the GUI interface, however when I read in an input file (for example the usrbin.inp file that comes with the GUI)to get the geometry the interface crashes and the terminal I started the gui from contains the following message.

      STOP LNUMRC = .FALSE.
    STOP STOP: FLUKA ABORTED statement executed

    Any clues as to what is happening. I can read in the geometry using the PLOTGEOM.STORE file and the binary data file ok to give the typical USRBIN plots so I guess most of it seems to work.

    I understand that reading the geometry from the input file actually causes Fluka to run but why is it crashing?

    Any suggestions/help much appreciated as usual.

    Martin Holbourn
    Radiation Protection Adviser

    Daresbury Laboratory
    Daresbury