RE: help me with flulka input in C.R.

From: Lee, Kerry T. \(JSC-SF\)[LMIT] (kerry.t.lee@nasa.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 15:48:21 CEST

    ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6CD04.1F2CE2A1

    I have simulated cosmic radiation using FLUKA. Here are the steps I =
    performed.

    1) Use Simpson's 1983 review (Ann. Rev. Nucl. Part. Sci. 1983, =
    33:323-381, 1983) to determine the relative abundances of ions to =
    trasport.
    2) Use the Badhwar-O'Neill model to determine the energy distribution of =
    each ion (Adv.Space Res. Vol17, No 2 pp (2)7-(2)17 1996 and Nucl. Tracks =
    Radiat. Meas. Vol 12 No 3 pp 403-410, 1992)
    3) Create the particles with the proper relative abundances and energy =
    distribution and assign a starting point and direction (isotropically =
    distributed) to each (you can do this before you run FLUKA or on the =
    fly within source.f).
    4) Write a source.f (see FLUKA example at $FLUPRO/usrmvax/source.f) to =
    properly set up the transport for each of your particles.
    5) Use the SOURCE card in your input file and turn on the HEAVYION =
    transport function using the BEAM card.

    This is a simple outline, but there is a lot of work in most of these =
    steps. If you need further assistance let me know.

    Kerry
    =20