Re: Neutron problem

From: Stefan Roesler (sroesler@mail.cern.ch)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 12:14:50 CEST

    Hello Nisy,

    A few comments:

    1) Fluences were never multiplied with conversion factors due to a
    misalignment in the input, e.g.

    USRTRACK 1.0 8.0 -23. 34.14137.1669 1. AMB74-P34
    USRTRACK 0.0 0.0 &

    The SDUM must always start in column 71, otherwise my dose conversion
    factor folding would not know which set to use and return fluence
    instead..

    2) Your beam energy is set at 2MeV. In principle it should always be
    higher than the highest energy set in source, i.e. 20MeV. I don't know if
    results will be really different in case of low-energy neutrons, but at
    least output files are not identical if I switch from 2MeV to 20MeV in the
    beam card. Also you upper energy limit of the Usrtrack scoring is affected
    for particles other than neutrons, e.g. in the output-file

      for 2MeV
           linear energy binning from 0.0000E+00 to 6.1337E-02 GeV, 1
    bins ( 6.1337E-02 GeV
    wide)

      for 20MeV
           linear energy binning from 0.0000E+00 to 1.9489E-01 GeV, 1
    bins ( 1.9489E-01 GeV
    wide)

    3) I think you would like to score photons in detectors AMB74-P12 and
    following, but what you score is indeed neutrons, e.g.

    USRTRACK 1.0 8.0 23. 12.14137.1669 1. AMB74-P12
    USRTRACK 0.0 0.0 &

    Greetings
    Stefan

    --