Re: QES ABOUT: secondary electrons and USRBIN card

From: Sebastien WURTH (wurth@ipno.in2p3.fr)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 13:09:48 CEST

    Hello Shlomo,

    1) Quoting the last version of the manual (from fluka2006.3 release)
    note 9 of USRBIN section :
    "9. The maximum number of binnings that the user can define is 400. This
    value can be changed by modifying the
    parameter MXUSBN in member USRBIN of the flukapro library or directory
    and then re-compiling and linking
    Fluka."
    For me this is the number of "detectors" (a couple of USRBIN cards) you
    can define (I'm careful, I did some misinterpretations of the manual in
    the past).
    It is possible (I checked) to define more than 100 bins for the three
    directions in a given binning.

    2) To get an energy spectrum from electron fluence for example you can
    use USRTRACK (region by region) or USRBDX (at the boundary between two
    regions).
    Please check the manual for all the details.

    Hope it helps.
    Regards.
    Sebastien.