Re: DEFAULT card options

From: Paola Sala (paola.sala@cern.ch)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2006 - 15:58:40 CET

    Dear Ercan,
    changing the defaults you change also the
    pre-set transport thresholds, therefore the point where
    the particles stop ( actually hadrons and muons are "ranged out" when
    they go below threshold, but E-M particles are not). For
    your calculations you should be very careful
    about cutoff, production, and delta-ray thresholds. It would be
    much better to set them explicitly trhough the EMFCUT, PART-THR and
    DELTARAY cards.

    Your second question : If you need
     to know in which region is the particle, you can simply
     use the MREG variable. If you need the material and density
    in a given region,
    include the FLKMAT common, You'll have the material
    in MEDIUM(MREG)
    and the density in RHO(MEDIUM(MREG))
    ( have a look at the comscw.f routine in the usermvax directory)

    one more qestion: did you consider the possibility to use
    built-in scoring , evt. modified by the weighting routines?
    Ciao
    Paola